Skip to main content

With the launch of our new appointment search function, I’m keen to understand how sites are managing diary zones to make sure they're hitting financial goals while seeing patients promptly as well as keeping practitioners happy.

I usually stand by the blend of the 3 P’s - Patient, Practitioner & Practice, by taking each into consideration you can achieve the perfect day across your practice.

To break down the diary zones into its basic format I normally suggest starting with the below zone groups:

- Emergency
- Recalls
- New Patient consultations
- Treatment

I’m keen to understand what other sites are doing to Zone out the diary or what's stopping you from zoning yours out.

@Lesley Morgan-Barlow & @Esther Egan I know you both have a great set-ups for making sure each day hits your targeted day rate to ensure success but what does everyone else look at when organising this space? 

The best advice I can give when zoning your diary is

1. Ensure you have enough exam zones to
    1. accommodate your recalls
    2. Grow your new patients 
  2. Then, look at what your last six months of treatment looked like. Did you have the right number of zones for the value of the treatment? If not, you may find your FDT weren’t adhering to the zoning.
  3. What are your most frequent treatments? There is no point in having an abundance of high-value zones to hit your daily target if your clinicians are doing mainly lower-value work