Skip to main content

Hey everyone! We know managing consent forms and estimates can sometimes feel like a bit of a chore, but we all know how important it is to get right. It’s not just about ticking boxes—it’s about making sure your patients feel informed, understood, and confident in their treatment. 💬

Here are a few helpful things you can try:

• Go Digital: Are you using digital consent forms and estimates? They’re super efficient, reduce errors, and make it easier to track everything in one place.

• Save Time with Cloud Storage: Digital forms are saved directly to the cloud, meaning they’re always accessible from the patient’s record. No more spending hours scanning and filing paperwork!

• Make It Convenient for Patients: With digital forms, patients can sign electronically via the Portal or the Concierge app, making the process smoother for everyone.

What’s been working for you when it comes to consent forms and estimates? Any challenges with Dentally or tips you want to share? We’d love to hear your thoughts! 😊

I don’t know about everyone else, but our patients really struggle using the portal, as a patient I experienced this myself when trying to book my appointment. So I gave up and just logged in and popped myself into the diary.

Is it just us?

Hey @Lesley Morgan-Barlow, something we have thought about is creating patient facing education video which can be sent to patients so they understand how the Portal works and what it’s there for to help with upselling additional treatments and other services sites may offer. This idea has never got off the drawing board (yet) but do you think this would help with patient education or would it be better if it was branded by the site and from you guys directly? 

The new Medical History and recall appointment specific links are reducing friction and easing the bottle necks but we’re always keen to keen improve the patient journey. 

I’m interested to see what other people think as well. 

with the portal- there is no option to allow digital consent forms for treatments to be signed??? only estimates- is this something that is being updated?

We’ve created consent templates in the same area of Dentally as estimates eg Crown Consent, it can then be sent to the portal in the same way as an estimate. If you are unsure about how to do this I am sure the support desk can help. 
im happy to help if you are struggling 

Hi @David Rutherford 

video would be a great tool to help with the portal!